Back Pain Relief
The majority of people will experience back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain and lower back pain is very common and very treatable, and is by far the most common condition we treat.
Research shows that early intervention for back pain improves results and prevents chronic back problems. We aim to give you clear answers and effective treatment so you can avoid chronic pain and back surgery.
The key is to figure out what is causing your back pain: muscle, joint or nerve.
- Is it due to how you are moving ‘biomechanics’ or an underlying structural issue (like a disc bulge or facet joint pinching the nerve)?
- Is it local back pain or referred pain – causing pain, pins and needles and numbness in the arms and legs?
On your first session we perform specific movement tests to determine this. Once we know what the problem is, we can be much more effective in your treatment plan.
Both biomechanical back pain and structural back issues can be treated effectively by us. If we are not making progress within three sessions we will discuss your possible next steps.
Our aim is to get you pain free and back to full function as soon as possible, and treatment can include:
- Hands-on treatment:
- Deep tissue massage for muscles that are tight or in spasm
- Trigger point release for knots
- Safe mobilisation of stiff back and neck joints
- Dry needling
As well as rehabilitation and exercises to correct underlying problems:
- Stretches and strengthening
- Pilates-based exercises
Some of the conditions we can treat:
- Disc prolapse
- Degenerative disc disease
- Muscle spasm
- Facet narrowing
- Pinched nerves
- Piriformis syndrome
- Sacroiliac joint stiffness and pain
- Posture, mal-alignment and repetitive strain
- Ergonomic assessment, treatment & chair/desk set up recommendations
- Scoliosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Scheurmanns
- Nerve symptoms – numbness, pins & needles, sciatica
- Ante & Postnatal pain & weakness