I am passionate about giving mums the right tools to breast feed successfully, and enjoy it. I am a physiotherapist with a special interest in Lactation. I have breastfed both my children beyond two years and I keep up to date with breastfeeding courses and conferences.
There is a wealth of information, misinformation and advice out there when it comes to breast feeding. My aim is to give evidenced based information to allow mums (and dads) to make informed choices about breastfeeding.
The early days can sometimes be stressful and painful to breastfeed. Laser can help significantly to promote healing of sore and cracked nipples in conjunction with looking at your baby’s latch & your technique. Breast feeding should not be painful. It is my privilege to help each and every mum to learn the art and skill of breast feeding.
Pregnant and wanting to breastfeed?
I believe every mum could benefit from specific input about breastfeeding prior to the birth of their baby, over and above a general antenatal course. I offer a 1-hour ante-natal session to equip mums with the right information to get you and your baby off to the right start. Getting this crucial information before your baby enters the world can make all the difference.
Breastfeeding mums (home visits or at the practice)
- Laser treatment for cracked and sore nipples
- Ultrasound and drainage for blocked ducts and mastitis. Any redness, lumps or pain in the breast should be treated urgently. Avoid antibiotics, a breast abscess and surgery by seeking treatment early. This treatment involves deep longitudinal massage and ultrasound to help drain the breast and the blocked area thus avoiding breast infection (mastitis).
- The right information: We pride ourselves on giving evidence-based information. Some of the topics we can help you with:
- Demand versus schedule feeding
- One or two breasts per feed
- Night feeds
- Positions & techniques
- Slings & baby carriers
- Solid food
- Support groups
- Returning to work
- Conception while breastfeeding
- Tandem feeding